I have a confession to make,
I am in direct sales. Thirty-One gifts to be exact! I love it! (Check me out Here for shameless self-promotion) In my capacity, I am asked to do trade shows and vendor fairs. As a vendor, here are my top tips to make your experience as a vendor successful
- Don’t overload your table with products. Keep it simple and pretty. If your table looks cluttered or jam packed, people tend to pass you by.
- Stand if you are able. If you are unable to stand because of illness or injury, sit close to your table, up straight, don’t slouch.
- For the love of all things, STAY OFF THE PHONE! There is nothing worse then passing by a table and the vendor is face and eyes into their phone. It looks so unprofessional.
- Dress the part. Dress for your event, I dress differently for a bridal show than I do for a spring fair at a school.
- Know your audience and cater to them. If I am doing a kids vendor show, I would make sure the products I showcase can be used for kids. If I am doing a bridal event, I will have products that make great bridal party gifts, etc.
- Be friendly. Talk to everyone. Even if it is just “hi” That is fine.
- Tell don’t sell. Show what your products can do for people without pushing sales.
- Network with other vendors. Be friendly with them. exchange business cards. You never know when that card may come in handy.
- And last, but most, HAVE FUN! The whole point of doing vendor and trade shows is to get your name out there. Have fun with it!
What tips would you add?